Monday, December 28, 2009

Using Twitter Lists

This is the first in a series of posts I'll be doing from time to time called Tips that will explain different tools and tricks that I use in my work.

For those of you that use Twitter I'd like to point a very useful tool that is now available for you to use.

As many of you know Twitter has become a big phenomenon as a way to instantly find out what's on the minds of people around the world . Recently Twitter has rolled out the ability to group the people you follow into lists. When this feature was added I decided to try and make a list of state emergency management offices to help me monitor disaster information across the country (my initial reason for signing up for Twitter in the first place.) Now I can easily group all of this info from the states so that I can view it on its own versus being mixed in with my general Twitter stream.





For more on the advantages on Twitter lists I suggest you check out this post on Mashable. Do you have an example of how you use Twitter lists? Feel free to share yours in the Comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment